Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Biggest Question You Could Ask

So on this anniversary of my Birthday I choose to reflect on the only question really worth answering at all. After 41 years of life I have come to realize that “Why am I here.” is the most introspective question and important one that anyone could ask. The answer however is much more complex and will vary dependant upon whom you ask and when. So I am posting this so I may reflect back on the answer in years to come.

Put simple I believe the reason why I am here is because of God’s love toward man and his long suffering and mercy. He is giving all of us a chance to choose repentance. Since the advent of original sin and our disgrace from Eden, God has been moving behind the scenes give us a path that would redeem us. As most of us know now, that path is Christ who died for us on the cross. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

It always amazes me that Jesus is so well know and yet very rarely accepted or understood. So it is with great joy that I may say that I have the answer and gift of grace, which has been offer to all who would proclaim faith in Jesus Christ. What greater gift could anyone ever provide for me? I say none. John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.

On this birthday I choose to not only celebrate my current life in the world but also that of which is to come. What we call life today is a mere shadow of the joy that I will know once face to face with my creator. And the truth of the knowledge of the answer should penetrate all of our lives and may we honour the gift we have been given and remember, Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

And so I will follow the only example of one who has been in this world and moved on to the next life, which is Christ and heed his life. Philippians 2:5-16 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. 9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, 16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

2 comments:

  1. So much to be thankful for, isn't there Ed?

    "Do all things without complaining" - I wonder why this is one of the hardest things to follow?

    I'm learning a lot has to do with gratitude. In whatever scenario I am in, be content and do the best with what's been given.

    Good talking to you. Stay on the Way of Truth your whole Life. Be blessed. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Curtis,

    It is good to know there are others on the road too. Thanks for your comments and your frinedship.

    I am blessed always, I just hope I will recogonize it in the heat of the moment.

    Your call by the way was exactly what I need when I needed it.

    God is good.

    Take care brother.

    ReplyDelete