Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Think outside the box

I don’t know about you, but I am a creature of habit and routine and once one has been established it is hard to change. This can be good or bad depending on the habit; balance in life is the key to living well. Of late I have noticed that I have been spending too much time in front of the “box” that we call TV. I admit it I am a bit of a junkie when it comes to movies or a good series like, House and Madmen. The trouble is, if we are not careful we can be sucked in and it can change from a treat or occasional, to the norm.
As I said, recently I have noticed that my time allocation has been shifting from things I should be focused on, to what’s on the box. Because of this other areas in my life are beginning to suffer, such as sleep, studies and even my relationships with others. My priorities have become skewed, just like it would with any other singular focus. I am sure you have heard the phrase, “too much of a good thing.” Well, for me this is certainly the case.
In life, each of us can get caught in one of these ruts. We can find ourselves comfortable or resistant to change, this is why I believe strongly in the art of discipline/fasting. In order to regain balance, sometimes one must take drastic measures to restore the proper level of importance to the things in our life. Although to some this might seem drastic or crazy for a guy like me, who defines himself as all or nothing, it’s just right. So with October rolling around, I have decided to take a break, a little vacation and focus on thinking outside of the box. I challenge you to do the same with something that is too BIG in your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment